Friday, March 18, 2011

ONE DAY


After all the sleepless nights and constant prayers, I received my admission letter. My joy was beyond comprehension. Moreover, I was offered my choice in relation to my programme of study, bingo!
I reported to the Universe City on the date mentioned in my admission letter. After the struggle and frustration offered every Fresher by this new environment, I was given my room number and key. Thinking that was all, I was told to go and register at my College. In fact, that registration caused a loophole in my finances because it was not budgeted for.
I started lectures in all eagerness and with all the enthusiasm that I could gather. I even planned to revise any lecture note given to me just after the lecture but I was wrong! The religious activities were and are still staring at me. Meetings are no exceptions.
I realised I had to double up my efforts but the frustration from the lecture halls and the constant “go to the net”, “go to the library”- from the lecturers- were counteracting my efforts and time. I thought I was going to be taught but here I am being lectured.
Not long, the tests and quizzes started flooding in. I was tense most of the time and never really had time for any other thing save my books. Then, the midsemester examination came. I had no choice than to write and fight a battle for thirty per cent of my total mark at the end of the semester.
Sooner than later, I was made to render account for all the lectures that I was given throughout the semester in the end of semester exam. This exam accounted for the rest seventy per cent of my total mark.
My joy was beyond bounds when I finished writing my last paper for the semester. I went home not knowing my fate with respect to the outcome of the exam but that did not prevent me from enjoying the love and comfort of home.
Towards the end of the holidays, all my thoughts were about my first ever WA (Weighted Average). I was disappointed when the reality hit me that I performed way down my own expectation. I therefore resolved to learn harder and forego all extra curricula activities.
After my second semester holidays, I came and realised that my CWA (Cumulative Weighted Average) was not as expected. This reality set into motion the struggle for survival in my CLASS. This struggle has moved on through the years as a cycle and here I am in my fourth and final year ready to leave the four walls of the Universe City with a decorated A4-sized paper that has so much weight and value!
I just cannot wait to leave and face whatever fear or favour there is outside there. My confidence lies in the fact that the transition period that the Universe City took me through has moulded and refined me for the Herculean task ahead of me.
The ever faithful God, Almighty who is always on my side is my shield and buckler and I know I will forever be a victor wherever I might find myself after school.
Dear World, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment